1 lb ground beef
1 small onion diced -- I just use onion salt, or dried onion.
1 can kidney beans (or black beans) -- or both
1 can chili beans
1 can white corn -- yellow corn works too
1 can green chilies
1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
½ pack taco seasoning
Fritos -- scoops are the best
Cheese-grated
Sour Cream
Brown beef & onions, when cooked, add beans, corn, chilies, tomatoes & seasoning. Simmer until desired consistency. Put Fritos in each bowl, and then pour beef mixture over Fritos. Top with cheese and sour cream. -- I prefer to dip my Fritos or put them ontop of the soup rather than the bottom.
**While the hamburger is browning, I generally throw everying into a pot to let it get started cooking. Once the hamburger is browned and mixed in, you should be ready to eat. However, the longer it simmers, the better it is.
**The recipe technically says to drain everything but the chili beans, but I never do. I like to have it a little more "soupy." However, it is totally my personal preference.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Taco Soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment