**This definitely isn't anything fancy, but it's one of my two-year old's favorite meals. She doesn't even pick through to eat only the olives; she loves it all. The other night she even asked for seconds - unheard of around here. :) **
TACO PASTA SALAD
2 cups uncooked spiral pasta (aesthetically speaking, I prefer the multi-colored pasta)
1 pound ground beef (I use less)
1 envelope taco seasoning (I probably use 1/2-3/4 of a packet)
3 cups shredded lettuce (optional, I think)
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (optional, I think)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onion (I usually have it cooked into the ground beef)
½ cup chopped green pepper (usually cooked into the ground beef)
½ cup Catalina salad dressing (I just smother the whole thing - no measuring)
1 pound ground beef (I use less)
1 envelope taco seasoning (I probably use 1/2-3/4 of a packet)
3 cups shredded lettuce (optional, I think)
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (optional, I think)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped onion (I usually have it cooked into the ground beef)
½ cup chopped green pepper (usually cooked into the ground beef)
½ cup Catalina salad dressing (I just smother the whole thing - no measuring)
olives, chopped
(Tortilla chips)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips.
(Tortilla chips)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips.
We've decided that we like this recipe better cold. I make it in the afternoon, refrigerate it, and then enjoy for dinner.
0 comments:
Post a Comment