CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup Mashed Bananas (3-4 Bananas-the browner the better!)

1 Cup Sugar

1/2 Cup Shortning (I like butter flavor Crisco sticks)

1 Egg

2 Cups Flour

1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Baking Soda

6 oz. (1 Cup-ish) Chocolate Chips


Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350*

Mash bananas in mixer. Add sugar, shortning, and egg- and beat well.

Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a seperate bowl and add to liquid in mixer. Mix well and stir in chocolate chips. This batter is more like a thick cake batter than a typical cookie dough.

GREASE cookie sheets. (I line mine with foil and spray with Pam for easy clean-up.) I use an icecream scoop (normal size) to portion the dough on to the cookie sheets- about 1 1/2-2 inches apart.

Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges just barely start to brown.

These are yummy warm or left over- can you say "Breakfast Cookies"?! YUM! They DO stick together if you stack them- so just be aware! They remind me of muffin tops- that moist consistency. These are a great alternative to banana bread- much quicker to bake- and less noticable for how much you've been eating! ;)

1 comments:

Daija said...

I just tried these and they are great!