CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

American Turkey Goulash

Diana's Goulash Soup reminded me of a good Goulash recipe. I hadn't made it in awhile- and my family actually eats this one- even the zucchini!- So I thought it was a good one to share. And I remembered to take a picture of it! :) This recipe comes from the "Eating for Life" Cookbook by Bill Phillips- the guy who does the "Body for Life" diet. It doesn't taste like a "diet" dish, though-- or my kids wouldn't eat it! :) Sorry about the picture- it's a little blurry and doesn't look *real* appealing- I promise it's good.

4 Portions of Egg Noodles (8oz. package)

1 Onion, Chopped

1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced (or whatever color of pepper is on sale...)

1 Zucchini, sliced thin

1 Pound lean Ground Turkey (Beef would probably work, too-)

2 Cups Tomato Sauce (2 small cans)

2 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped - (I totally use the dried stuff in the spice jars and it's fine.)

2 Tbsp Red Wine (Optional- I've never used it in this dish)

Directions:

Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.

Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, saute chopped onion for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper to the onion and saute for another 2 minutes. Add zucchini and saute for 2 more minutes. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside.

Add ground turkey to the skillet and saute until no longer pink- about 10 minutes.

Return veges to the skillet with the turkey. Add tomato sauce, basil and wine (if desired). Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.

Place a portion of noodles on each plate and top with a portion of Turkey Goulash. Serve and enjoy!

0 comments: