CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup

This soup is quick and easy, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. It calls for velveeta, and I buy the 2lb size and use the other half to make another dish I'll post in the future. Great dish for a cold winter's day (we are still doing winter where we are at...sad I know). I also like to make bread bowls to serve this in, since it is a little thicker.


Melt 2 tbsp. butter and add:
1c celery chopped
1c onion chopped

Add:
3 1/2 cups water
4-5 diced potatoes
3-4 carrots (I use a couple handfuls of baby carrots chopped)
1 head broccoli (I use the frozen stuff...bag or box frozen)

Cook until broccoli is soft and add:
2 cans cream of chicken
1 lb. velveeta cheese cubed

This can be made in about 30 minutes, but don't let it sit too long or it can burn to the bottom.

0 comments: