CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thai Chicken with Pear Salsa

When I made this recipe again the other night, I decided it is definitely on my list of favoritest meals ever! It is so good. I got it from LACY on another recipe blog (Recipe Queens).



CHICKEN:
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup chili sauce*
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
4 frozen boneless chicken breasts


Combine the first 8 ingredients. Put chicken in crock pot and add the sauce. Cook over low heat for 4-5 hours, shredding chicken with a fork when it is tender. Serve over rice or noodles with pear salsa.


PEAR SALSA:
1 cup chopped fresh fruit (pears, peaches or mangos)
1 cup chopped, seeded cucumber
2 TBSP sliced green onion
2 TBSP snipped cilantro
1 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP salad oil
1 TBSP vinegar


Combine ingredients in a bowl. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving.


*Lacy uses Homade chili sauce. I highly recommend it. I couldn't find it in the store and ended up getting Lee Kum Kee chili garlic sauce this time around. With the Asian sauce, it ended up being too hot for my daughter, borderline too hot for me, and just perfect for my husband. But the fresh fruit salsa takes the edge off the heat and makes it soooo delicious!

Thanks for sharing Lacy!

0 comments: